Am Incorporated Committee of volunteers who manage the collection for the Hepburn Shire Council
The collection is housed in the Clunes Museum a C. 1860 shop in the main street of Clunes, Victoria's first gold town,originally the warehouse of Nicol & Wallace who established the business in 1859. The major strengths of the collection of 4000 items are photographs and items pertaining to gold mining, agriculture, industry, factories and commerce, education, local government, religion, WW1 & WW2, and domestic life, together with local community archival records. The collection is owned by the Hepburn Shire Council and managed by volunteers. A recent Regional Development grant has enabled the addition of library, visitor information centre, community meeting room Hepburn Shire Customer Service and a large exhibition gallery. The Museum is now part of the Clunes Community Interpretive Centre which has almost reached completion which will open later in the year. The collection is at present in storage.
The collection documents the local history of the Clunes township and district.